Friday, September 11, 2009

Do you love New York?

Back in the day, I used to be glued to the dating show Rock of Love with Brett Michaels. I don't know how I used to tolerate that show. The girls on the show were so far from realistic. It's not just this dating show...it's all dating shows. These girls have chests the size of Texas and brains the size of peanuts. Where do celebreality TV producers find them?

I think one of the most annoying celebreality dating show contestants is New York. I guess she came from the show Flavor of Love, though I never watched it. There was the show I Love New York where a bunch of guys competed to date her and now she's got a show called New York Goes to Work. She's everything the stereotypical African-American is made to look like on television. She's loud, tempermental, and crazy for the most part. She can be funny sometimes but usually I just find her annoying. Everyone she encounters on her show seems to like her. I just wonder, am I the only one that thinks New York is a bad icon?

2 comments:

  1. No one really likes her, people just laugh at her. She's got big boobs, I assume that's why guys like her. I think she's amusing... Anyone who can make out with Flavor Flav has to be an interesting character... And you're right, she is an awful icon; not just for black people but for women in general. People watch those shows because it's easy to get sucked in, even if you hate reality shows. I don't watch those shows on purpose, but I certainly get sucked in.
    People are laughing at her, and no one really ever wants to be in that position.

    ReplyDelete
  2. its the classic love to hate thing

    ReplyDelete